Where do I register?
All course registration goes through the ministry's Learning Compass. The login page is https://learningcompass.learnflex.net
What is a 'waitlist'?
To register for a course, you click ‘Add to Wait List’. An automatic message will be generated notifying you that you have been placed on the waitlist and that the course is currently full. Please be advised that the course may not actually be full and spots may be available. Courses will be populated on a first come first served basis. The CIF will notify you if you have been selected for any course.
There were no Refreshers available in the past couple years and my certificate is now expired - do I have to start all over?
Since few refresher courses were available in the past couple of years, anyone that expired since 2014 must take a refresher course this year to remain in good standing. Anyone that does not complete a refresher course within 2 years of their initial expiry date must re-take the exams.
I have registered for a waitlist for a course in the past, is my information on the list?
Anyone that has maintained their certificate in good standing up until 2014 have had their information migrated to the Learning Compass. Similarly, if you have registered for a waitlist in the past, your information has been migrated to the ‘Learning Compass’. That is - an account has been made for you, and your information has been updated. It is important to ensure your contact information is up to date in your profile so you can receive all correspondence.
Additionally, The following tree marking records have been migrated into the Learning Compass.
- All Level 1 or Level 2 tree markers in good standing
- Level 1 or Level 2 tree markers that expired in the past 2 years that require a refresher course this year.
- Students that have taken a Level 1 course within the past 2 years and still requiring a field audit
- Students on the waiting list to take Level 1 Course
If my information has been migrated, what is my login?
To access your account:
- go to: https://learningcompass.learnflex.net
- Click ‘reset password’
- Enter your username
- Usernames have all automatically generated as the first four letters of your last name and first two letters of your first name, all lower case. For example, Bob Smith’s username would be smitbo.
- An email will automatically be sent to you with your temporary password
I have registered for a ministry course using Learning Compass in the past - is my login the same?
If you have previously registered for any other ministry courses, like FMP or forest compliance using the ‘Learning Compass’ platform, you can simply enter your pre-existing credentials.
If you have questions about the Learning Compass or identify any data migration errors, please contact the Canadian Institute of Forestry (CIF) at 1-705-744-1715 ext. 609 or submit your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.